The admissions process includes:
- A completed application form (Available November 1, 2023). Please download and print the below application. Applications may not be completed on-line;
- Interviews with parents
- A student visit to Beechwood
- A possible trial period during the summer program
- Review of previous academic transcripts
- Student screening to determine the student’s willingness to learn, behavior, development and academic levels and whether the student’s needs match Beechwood’s program.
Kindergarten applicants must be five by September 1st, and Transitional Kindergarten applicants by December 1st of the year of school application.
Beechwood is a unique school with high standards and objectives that can be achieved only through a partnership for success between staff and parents/guardians.
Priority admissions are given to children and families who reside in the Belle Haven area of Menlo Park and East Palo Alto.
If you have questions concerning Beechwood School’s application process please contact:
50 Terminal Avenue
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Download a financial aid application here:
Beechwood School partners with BASIC Fund to provide tuition assistance. Financial Aid applications are available Mid-January. The deadline for their scholarship applications is in early spring 2024. BASIC Fund requires financial documentation such as the prior year’s income tax return. For questions regarding their application process, please contact BASIC Fund at (415)986-5650.
Beechwood School seeks to admit families who will be engaged in the education of their children and will work cooperatively with the teachers and other staff at the school. Beechwood School admits children of any race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin and does not discriminate on such basis in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, athletics or other school-administered programs.